The workshop, part of Petcore’s annual conference on February 23, will stimulate discussion to develop standards for the use of tracers in plastic packaging and improve the efficiency of plastic sorting.
The workshop will initially focus on PET and intends to create a precedent for other plastics later on.
Petcore Europe is currently calling upon all interested parties (brand owners, green dot organisations, EU institutions, plastics converters, resin/masterbatch producers, recycling line and optical detection machine vendors, recyclers, waste management companies, research institutes.) to join the event and have an open dialogue on the subject.
Welcome – Patrick Peuch, Petcore Europe & Gian De Belder, P&G
Introductions and Anti-trust review – Ingrid Verschueren, EuPC (European Plastics Converters)
Overview of active tracer programmes and need for industry harmonization – Gian De Belder, P&G
- Polymark project – Polymark Consortium
- PETCycle project – P&G & partners
- Reflex project – Axion & partners
- PRISM (Packaging Rapid Intelligent Sorting System for Materials) project – Edward Kosior, NEXTEK
- Tracer efforts NAPCOR/Plastipak Inc – Tom Busard, NAPCOR
Discussion: How can we align on an industry standard?