In June 2016, DairyReporter.com conducted its inaugural ‘state of the industry’ poll. The key objective of the survey was to gauge views about the current state of the global dairy industry, its online trends and the issues causing most concern.
DairyReporter collated more than 600 survey responses from dairy industry professionals who form an integral part of the brand’s global readership.
The topics covered in the survey included top industry sectors, business impacts, environmental awareness, business spending, introduction of new products, industry challenges and industry opportunities.
State of the global dairy processing industry: key findings:
- Survey respondents ranked ingredients (44%), cheese (43%) and dairy beverages (42%) as the top three dairy industry sectors
- Sixty-nine percent of respondents stated that their companies will be spending more in 2016 towards marketing/promotion when compared to 2015
- Industry professionals had a positive outlook in terms of their company’s sales, with a majority (62%) mentioning that the sales will be better in 2016 when compared to 2015
- Despite the uncertainty around Brexit, 40% of dairy industry professionals agreed that their companies will be exporting more in 2016 when compared to last year
- Considering NPD, a good majority of survey respondents (72%) were confident, and mentioned that their companies will be launching new products during 2016
…discover more exciting insights and analysis by downloading our report today.