Probiota 2017 migrates to Berlin; call for scientific abstracts until 11 November
The programme is almost complete and registrations are open for this NutraIngredients event with discounted rates for our readers using the code word 'ACIDOPHILUS' until 4 November.
Researchers and those engaged in all aspects of microbiome science in academia, industry and consumer health have until 11 November to submit abstracts to the Scientific Frontiers competition with the winner having the chance to present their paper at Probiota 2017. See submission guidelines here for the award which will be judged by our scientific committee.
Successful abstracts will be presented as either oral presentations or posters at the conference in Berlin and be eligible for a 50% discount.
If your research involves aspects of prebiotic, probiotic and microbiome science, we’d love to hear from you.
Our provisional scientific committee is:
- Dr Niall Hyland Faculty, APC Microbiome Institute and Lecturer, Department of Pharmacology & Therapeutics, University College Cork (Chair)
- Dr Kimmo Makinen Probiotic Pipeline Manager, Nestec Ltd, Nestlé Research Center
- Dr Mary Ellen Sanders Consultant, Dairy & Food Culture Technologies
- Prof Bob Rastall Head of the Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences, University of Reading
- Dr Lindsay Hall Microbiome Research Leader, Institute of Food Research, Norwich Research Park
- Dr Tom Van de Wiele, Associate Professor, Center for Microbial Ecology and Technology (CMET), Ghent University
Questions on the abstract submission process or the Scientific Frontiers sessions can be addressed to Dr Gemma Pearce.
Probiota 2017 will engage researchers, business developers and marketers, CEOs, regulators, start-ups, formulators and more in one of the great cities of Europe.
There were 200 at Probiota 2016 in Amsterdam – Berlin is set to be even better.
Highlights of the event taking place at the Melia hotel in central Berlin include:
- Prebiotic workshop
- Microbiome advances
- Start-up game changers
- The gut (& beyond)
- Global market drill-down
- Latest in probiotic trial design to win health claims
- New strains, new effects
- Lessons from Asia & the Americas
- Supplement leaders
- High-dosage & the pharma world
- International Probiotics Association (IPA-Europe) update
- Success case studies
- Engage with regulators
- Infant formula
- Speed networking sessions to maximise precious face time
- Free night out in Berlin
“This year we had a great programme and 2017, which we are about to reveal, looks even more engaging,” said NutraIngredients senior editor Shane Starling.
“Probiota has always been about connecting science and business in probiotics and prebiotics – providing that central point of exchange – and we are excited about what we have in store in our new location this year with our partner the International Probiotics Association.”
More details here to register with an early bird discount until 4 November.