Nestlé Spain investing $2.5m in Sevares factory

By Jim Cornall

- Last updated on GMT

Nestlé Spain is investing in its factory in the Asturias region. Pic: Nestlé
Nestlé Spain is investing in its factory in the Asturias region. Pic: Nestlé

Related tags Milk Manufacturing

Nestlé Spain plans to invest €2.24m ($2.54m) in its production center in Sevares (Asturias) this year, to renovate a production line, and for modernization of the factory's quality control laboratory.

This investment is in addition to the €10.2m ($11.6m) spent between 2012 and 2016 to modernize other production lines and to carry out environmental and quality control improvements.

In 2016, Nestlé Sevares manufactured more than 55,600 tons of products and exported 57% of its production.

In the last quarter of 2017, Nestlé will allocate €2m ($2.27m) for the modernization of the production line of milks in 200 milliliter format, which will allow for the manufacture a new type of brick.

nestle S26

During the summer, €240,000 ($272,000) will be used to expand and modernize the quality control laboratory at the production center.

Baby milk for the Chinese market

In 2017, the center started production of infant milk for the Chinese market. One of the products manufactured is the infant milk S26 Nutrismart, part of Nestlé’s Wyeth Nutrition brand range.

The product is not for sale in stores or supermarkets and can only be purchased online.

The Sevares production center plans to produce a total of 2,400 tons of this product this year, representing 4% of the total production volume, which will be exported to China.


In 2016, Nestlé Sevares recorded a production volume of 55,680 tons of liquid milk. Of this, 43% went to the Spanish market while the remaining 57% was exported to Belgium, France, Italy, the UK, Greece, Finland and Portugal.

This production center, which employs about 200 workers, has four production lines of liquid milk and a production line for children's jars.

Sevares is the world's largest producer of liquid infant and growth milk products and its annual production represents more than 60% of Nestlé's global production volume in the market.

Related topics Manufacturers Nutritionals Nestlé