The Sports Nutrition industry is set to grow at a compound rate of 8% per year through to 2026, according to forecasts from Vantage Market Research. Expansion is being supported by rising interest in physical health and innovation that is bringing new formats – from RTD, to gels and bars – to market.
A new generation of athletes and active consumers desire more than muscle-building products, broadening the definition of sports nutrition beyond protein shakes. Utilizing technological advances and discovering new sports nutrition trends are important for maximizing results and helping athletes and active consumers achieve healthy lifestyles.
FoodNavigator’s sister publication NutraIngredients has launched their inaugural Start-up Stars competition in recognition of the cutting-edge innovation taking place in the sports and active nutrition segment. The aim is to give the latest innovators in the sector a platform to showcase their business and the competition will run in conjunction with the Sports & Active Nutrition Summit Europe, which brings together industry and research professionals in sports nutrition.
The NutraIngredients team are on the hunt for entrepreneurial consumer-facing, science or technology-based sports nutrition new businesses who are changing the face of the sports and active nutrition industry.
To be eligible to enter, companies must be based and founded in Europe and have started to trade no earlier than 1.1.2017 and no later than 1.1.2022
It is free to enter and each Start-up Star winner will receive:
• An opportunity to showcase their company onstage as part of the agenda of the Sports & Active Nutrition Summit on 5-7 October; 2022 in Amsterdam
• Editorial coverage on NutraIngredients.com and exposure on Nutraingredients.com social media channels
• A complimentary delegate place at the summit including two nights’ accommodation
• Be part of the Start-ups Stars Hub - a place to base yourself at the summit
• The use of the 2022 Start-up Stars logo on your company’s products and marketing materials. A 2022 Start-up Stars certificate
Kavitha Sivasubramaniam, Senior Editor at NutraIngredients, says: “We are delighted to announce the introduction of Start-Up Stars, which gives Europe-based innovators in the sports and active nutrition space the chance to showcase their business on a global platform. With a whole host of new developments in the industry, there has never been a better time to launch a start-up in this field.”
To enter the Start-up Stars competition, visit: https://sportsnutritionsummit-europe.com/live/en/page/start-up-stars